Monday 8 June 2015

"Ideas won't keep. Something must be done about them."

Alfred North Whitehead

So it's been a busy few days since BLOOD WITCH was released. I'm excited/delighted/proud/humbled to say it's an All Romance Ebooks bestseller as of today (check out that shiny silver star! Proof!), and that it broke into a few Amazon Top 100 lists for its categories last week! Unf. I can't even tell you how much that means to me. I love this book. I love that I managed to make it exactly what I wanted - a dark and bloody urban fantasy with strong female friendships, queer characters, murder, demons, and room for a sequel or two.

While all that was going on, I finished up my current Amber Morgan WIP and submitted it over the weekend. I'm pretty nervous about this one - I loved writing it, but it's a whole new genre for me and I have no idea if it's good or not. I mean...I like it. I like it so much, I already have at least three more stories planned, but I won't deny I'm after some outside validation...And I don't want to start a sequel until I've had that.

So what's next? The possibilities seem endless! I have a fun idea for a new Ethan Banning short. I also have a re-imagined idea for a selkie story I started a while back and abandoned when I realised I was basically re-treading THE BEAST OF BIRCH HILL with it. Now I have a much better idea that stays true to the seed I started with, and I love selkies, and that story is calling me loudly.

But the sequel to BLOOD WITCH is, too. I have a title, I have a plot, I have so much awful crap to throw at Lola and I'm really excited by that, but I don't quite have a starting point yet. I feel like I'm standing on the threshold to that story, but that I'm not quite prepared to go through the door yet. And there's still Nightmare Moon, my best beloved, which I haven't forgotten about.

So I may just meander for a bit and see which idea tugs me hardest. That's always the most fun way to work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment