Thursday 29 June 2017

Building a Book - The Music

As some of you may know, I keep a Spotify playlist for most of my series/projects, and Blood Canticles is no exception. (You can find it here if you're curious). It's something I've been adding to ever since I wrote BLOOD WITCH and there are songs for every character, every mood, every scene and some future scenes. Back in May I shared five AFI songs for Lola and Tristesse. Today I'm sharing five songs for Imperial Demons. Enjoy!





1. If I Burn - Emilie Autumn

This one's for Tristesse, and also the opening of the book.



2. Torch Song - AFI

More AFI, yes. Sorry/not sorry.



3. To Hell With You - Sleigh Bells

This was the first song I officially pegged for Imperial Demons, so I kind of think of it as the theme song.



4. Demons - Chelsea Wolfe

I just love her stuff. So dark and atmospheric.



5. Heavy Stone - Kyla La Grange

I adore Kyla La Grange, and this song is especially poignant to me. If Imperial Demons was a film, this song would play over the end credits.

No comments:

Post a Comment