Tuesday 28 October 2014

Okay. This looks bad.

A brief summary of the past two weeks of my life.

*blows dust off the blog*

So it's been a while. Almost a month in fact. And yes, I still need to draw a winner for my post for the Evernight Birthday Blog Hop. I will do it soon, promise. Life just suddenly got insanely busy and somewhat...insane...for a while, and a few things had to be swept aside. Kyle and I moved house, for one thing, and are now happily ensconced in the cottage of my dreams. So that was good.

I've been snowed under with perfume orders, to the point where I had to take time off my day job to catch up and then I got snowed under again. So that was good, but time-consuming.

I got a sinus infection which knocked me out of action for most of last week. So that wasn't good.

We had a family crisis which I won't go into details about, but it's still kinda going on, and lots of things are up in the air, so that's not good.

What this combination of things means is that writing and blogging, once again, has slipped down Nome's Priority List. I'm not thrilled about that, for lots of reasons, but apparently life balance is for other people. I was bemoaning this lack of writing to Kyle last week, and he suggested I try Nanowrimo next month to get myself disciplined and productive again.

I'm in two minds about this. I know I really, physically, cannot produce 2k+ a day in writing any more. But I should be able to produce something, and indeed for the past few years, friends and I have done Anti-Nano. The principle of Anti-Nano is that we love the idea of Nanowrimo, but know we can't commit to 50k in a month. So we set our own goals and encourage each other to get there by hook or by crook. It hasn't been discussed this year, but I think I need Anti-Nano, so I'm going in.

Behold! The official sponsor of Anti-Nano.
I haven't decided which project to work on yet, or what my goal will be. I have two many projects floating around in various states of completion right now, and I think I should probably finish off the shorter ones before getting back into the big ones. Beyond that, I'm still debating what I want to focus on. But hey, I have a plan! I didn't have a plan yesterday, so that's good.

Anyone else want to join me in Anti-Nano-ing?



2 comments:

  1. Is anti-nano taking place on LJ? I haven't been on LJ in a loooong time.

    Congrats on the house, it looks like a great place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The community has been pretty dead this year, so I was planning on just doing updates here and via Twitter unless there's a sudden demand for it back on LJ.

      Delete