Tuesday 1 March 2016

***PSA***

Loathe as I am to air dirty laundry in public, I'm really explosively angry this morning, so I'm just putting up a quick blog because I have to say something.

On 27th February, the rights to DEMONIZED, one of my last three books with Damnation Books/Eternal Press, expired. I have my RR letter. However, the book is still up for sale on Amazon via Kindle and as a paperback as of this morning, so I assume it is still up for sale elsewhere too. It's not unusual for a book to take some time to disappear from third party outlets, but I would ask that you please don't buy it.

The rights to my book NIGHT AND CHAOS do not expire until 2017. However, it has been pulled from sale, without discussion with me. I have not had an RR letter. Paperback versions still seem to be available. Please don't buy them.

I have been told this morning that my book THE NECROMANCER'S APPRENTICE will also be removed from sale, despite the rights not expiring until November this year. I imagine that ebook and paperback versions will still be available for a while yet. Please don't buy them.

I really cannot express how disheartening it is to say to people "please don't buy my books." Or how frustrating it's been for the past few years to basically pretend these titles don't exist because of the behaviour and attitude of the publisher. The publisher now has a new owner (has done for a while, in fact) and I'm hopeful that what's happening today is down to miscommunication and can be resolved.

These are stories I'm proud of and want to continue telling. But right now, as of this moment and until I believe I am being fairly dealt with, I will continue to say "please don't buy these books."


No comments:

Post a Comment