Saturday 10 December 2016

Guest Interview - Azelea Moone

If you've got the right mindset, every day is Halloween, right? Right! So I'm pleased to say hello to Azelea Moone today, who's here to talk about her Halloween romance, A HELL-HOUND'S TALE. Let's get to it!



Tell us a little bit about your newest release.

My newest release "A Hell-hound's Tale" is actually a re-released short story once offered in an anthology. It follows a couple of devil dogs on their journey during Halloween night.

Devil dog Ryu has always been interested in humans. Now that he has this chance to be off his leash for the night, he'd rather play than work on his job: collecting souls to take back to Hell. On his way, he meets Grant, a sexy gay man who's got a bit of a secret. Ryu's intrigued by the man and can't help but want to get closer to him.

Oh, but you'll have to read the book to learn the secret.

Is there any part of this story you absolutely love, and why?

I really love how playful the story is. By the synopsis, or my description above, you might think it's scary but not at all! It's really just a good time, with a little bit of aww at the end.

Ryu was a very fun character to write. I did some research into hellhounds, and decided to make him a little more exciting and frisky than hellhounds are meant to be. I think it came out very well.

I love hellhound mythology - so much to explore! Do you have a favourite genre to write in?

I've dabbled in several different genres through my career, but my favorite has to be M/M fantasy romance. In the past few years, I've devoured (read) tons of fantasy books with gay romance elements and I'm always looking for more.

If you could have dinner with any three writers, living or dead, who would they be?

Hmm, this might be a difficult one.

I think if I could have dinner with any three writers, I would choose L.A. Witt, cause you know, she's absolutely wonderful! Then, I would choose Anne Rice, because I have always admired her for the work she's done. And for the third writer, I would choose... Ha! I think would choose any writer cool with just sitting and chatting with me.

If you could recommend any book (beside your own) to everyone reading this, what would it be?

You know, I recently read a very interesting autobiography by Tatamkhulu Afrika called "Bitter Eden". It's a telling of a man who gets captured in WWII and spends a few years in POW camps in Italy and Germany. During that time, he deals with the emotions of being close to a couple other men, and eventually develops a close relationship with one of the men.

It's a lovely tale, if not a difficult one to read, and is definitely not a romance. If books like these are interesting to anyone, I'd say have a look!

Awesome. I love a good historical autobiography. Apart from writing, what are your great passions in life?

I've always been a computer nerd. After high school, I graduated with a degree in PC Support and Repair and from there, I continue to take an interest in other types of computer stuff: software, hardware, website programming, etc.

Recently though, I was introduced to the world of sewing. Oh my God! It is so fun to play around with fabric and make things. I've made pajamas for my kids so far, a few things for myself, and a little catnip pillow for my kitty. It's such a good time.

What else are you working on right now? What's up next from you?

Coming up next is the 3rd book in the Operation Wasteland series, "Redemption". It's the ending installment and a culmination of Randy, Leyton, and Preston's story as they make the final attempt to fight the military. And hope to escape back to their home in the wasteland.

Look for it sometime in October, available by Evernight Publishing!

Thanks, Azelea! You can find all Azalea's Evernight titles here
You can sign up for her mailing list here.
And you can find her Facebook page here. Go show her and her hellhounds some love!









No comments:

Post a Comment