Tuesday 27 December 2016

Socially Awkward Werewolves In Love

I am thrilled (and somewhat relieved) to announce that IN COLD BLOOD has been accepted for publication by Evernight. Huzzahs!


I say relieved, because regular readers will know I really had my doubts about this story, about how well it worked, about whether it was worth the time I was spending on it, and a ton of other things. My protagonists, Phoebe and Aisling, are a bundle of messes, with anxiety and anti-social behaviour driving them both, and I wasn't sure whether anyone would want to read about these ladies.

But I'm glad I pushed on and finished it, and I'm forever grateful to Ally at Word Vagabond for taking time out of her absolutely crazy schedule to beta-read for me and give me the feedback that finally gave me the courage to submit. I'm also grateful to the acquiring editor at Evernight for her feedback, which helped me re-shape the ending of IN COLD BLOOD and finally get Phoebe and Aisling's story told.

So huzzahs! My Socially Awkward Werewolves in Love are coming! We have a projected release date of February 2017, but as usual, I'll share more details once I have them. In the meantime, here's the unedited blurb to whet your appetites:

Phoebe Fairley wanted to be a librarian. Somehow, she’s become a vampire hunter. Women are dying across the country and the police are baffled. Phoebe’s just supposed to be gathering information on the deaths, but as the body count mounts, she can’t help but break the rules and get involved. She knows what the killer is – and catching and containing it is vital. If she can persuade the police to believe her, and keep her secretive bosses happy, she stands a chance of capturing a very real, very deadly vampire. Not bad for a werewolf who can’t shapeshift.

Aisling is happy living as a feral wolf. She’s got no time for human affairs, until a mysterious creature attacks her and leaves her in human hands. Now, if she wants her life back, she’ll have to join Phoebe’s hunt. There are just a couple of snags. One, she hates humans. And two, she’s falling hard for Phoebe. With a monster to catch and her own past to protect, will Aisling trust her head or her heart?
 
The Luporum novels are set in the same world as the Urban Wolf series, but centre on a different set of characters. You do not need to have read the Urban Wolf books to follow The Luporum, but it certainly can't hurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment