Thursday 30 March 2017

News! News! News!

So I'm a tiny bit superstitious and wouldn't normally post about this until the contract is signed, but I am so excited about it, I'm giving superstition the finger this time.

LICH QUEEN is coming!

Evernight said yes to LICH QUEEN, which means Dawn Hardy's story is coming your way soon. I cannot tell you how relieved I am about this. Dawn's story is an essential part of the Blood Canticles series, and I loved the hell out of writing it, and for some reason I convinced myself it was going to get rejected. Blame it on generalised anxiety. But it didn't get rejected! \o/ 

I won't have a projected release date until the contract is signed, but I can share the (unedited) blurb with you.

Magic has ruined Detective Dawn Hardy's life.

Her partner is dead, her career is on the rocks, and Dawn fears she herself may no longer be human.

While she struggles with the aftermath of a vampire attack, dead bodies are going missing around Fort Rosser. A demonic plot is brewing, and Dawn and her friends may be the only ones who can stop it. If they can stop fighting each other. And if Dawn can conquer the growing darkness inside herself.

Vampires and demons were just the beginning.


I cannot wait to share more of the Blood Canticles world with you, or for you to get inside Dawn's head with me. In the meantime, I'm going to be working on finishing up Imperial Demons so you can also get more Lola and Tristesse! I say finishing up...I am nowhere near done, but I'm hopefully I can get a first draft finished in April. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment