Tuesday 1 September 2015

"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea."

Photographer - Riccardo Lancia
Isak Dinesen

So I've been a little scarce around here lately. Mostly that's because I decided on impulse to write a new short story that had nothing to do with Oath Breaker, and I don't really want to talk about it too much at this point. Suffice to say, I wrote it and I submitted it yesterday and I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can share some good news soon...

And yesterday I got the first round edits for THE SEA WIFE, so I decided to tackle those before going back to Oath Breaker. Edits mean we are approach two all-important points: a release date and cover art! I love release dates and cover art! I'm also keeping my fingers crossed I can share those details soon.

With the fingers that aren't yet crossed, I'm..well, twiddling my thumbs, I guess? I have two projects now I'd like to get finished before the end of year - Oath Breaker and an Amber Morgan story, Wolf's Hunt. I'm about halfway through both (although Oath Breaker is threatening to get a lot longer than planned), and for most of the summer I've been working on both in parallel, going for whichever one takes my fancy on the day. But I think if I'm actually going to have both finished, edited, and submitted this side of Christmas, I need to focus on one at a time. So I'm trying to decide which one comes first.

While I re-read them both and decide how to prioritise them, I'll be keeping an eye out for more edits on THE SEA WIFE and probably posting a guest blog or two here. So stay tuned! Fresh, original content guaranteed.


No comments:

Post a Comment