Tuesday 14 June 2016

"Time cools, time clarifies"

Mark Twain

Almost exactly four years ago, NIGHT AND CHAOS was released for the first time. June 1st, 2012, to be precise. Shortly after that, I realised how bad a decision I'd made with my choice of publisher, and it tainted my view of the book, so that for a long time I remembered it as being...well, not great. I've talked about that here.

Earlier this year, through a series of events that still rather baffle me, that publisher agreed to release NIGHT AND CHAOS to me a year ahead of schedule, and now I'm thrilled to say that tomorrow it will be re-released, this time with a publisher I trust.

Regular readers will know I'm not the greatest at sticking to schedules, but my hope is to have the rest of the trilogy written by the end of 2017, so that Ryan's story can finally be finished. I know now, having spent a lot of hours re-reading, polishing and generally improving NIGHT AND CHAOS for its re-release, that it's not a bad story. In fact, I think it may even be pretty awesome, and I'm looking forward to seeing it back out in the world. More than that, I'm excited about writing parts two and three.

I've got my fingers crossed that you'll join me and Ryan on her globe-trotting adventures! If you want a sneak preview of NIGHT AND CHAOS, there's a teaser up at the ARe Cafe right now. It's a steamy one...but this is me, so there's also a man with a cyborg hand. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment