Tuesday 28 February 2017

"My work is a game, a very serious game."

MC Escher

So I feel like I haven't done much since finishing Lich Queen, but when I actually think about it, I have. I wrote, edited, and submitted an Amber Morgan short story, and edited and submitted Lich Queen itself this Sunday just gone. Not bad for "not much."

So now my writing schedule is clear and it's time to consider the To-Do list. Behold!


Through Fire (Blood Canticles 3)
Lich Queen (Blood Canticles 3.5)
Mercy's Gate (Southern Gothic urban fantasy book of my heart)
Black Dog (Urban Wolf 6)
Crow Called (Standalone novella)
Flesh and Bone (The Deva Chronicles 2)

I always intended to work on Lich Queen and Through Fire Imperial Demons concurrently, so now Lich Queen is in the hands of Evernight, it only makes sense to go back to Imperial Demons and get working on Lola's story again. I spent yesterday evening reading through what I have so far, and still have a bit of reading to do before I'm up to speed, but I should be able to start work again this evening.

My (overly-ambitious) plan is to finish the first draft by the end of March. Next week I'll be home alone, and while I will dearly miss my best beloved, I will take full advantage of the solitude to write all evening, every evening and see if I can make some serious headway. Wish me luck! I'll also go going chocolate-free in March to raise money for the British Heart Foundation, so I could do with the distraction...

No comments:

Post a Comment